First Aid Steps for Heat Exhaustion
As we approach the warmer months, it is important to understand the symptoms and first aid steps for heat exhaustion.
Symptoms of heat exhaustion may start suddenly, and include:
Nausea or irritability.
Muscle cramps or weakness.
High body temperature.
First aid for heat exhaustion includes:
- Get medical aid. Stay with the person until help arrives.
- Move to a cooler, shaded location.
- Remove as many clothes as possible (including socks and shoes).
- Apply cool, wet cloths or ice to the head, face or neck. Spray with cool water.
- Encourage the person to drink water, clear juice, or a sports drink.
Information found on https://www.ccohs.ca/newsroom/hot_topics